Fresh water kayaking and rowing boats on Loch Ederline.
We do have sit on top kayaks and paddle boards for guests staying in holiday cottages. These can be used on Loch Ederline which has many places to explore upstream and down stream from the loch. On the loch you can go and explore the old ice house, walled garden and the old game larder where the first Ederline House used to stand. There is also a chapel and grave yard on the Island built in 1727. Great entertainment and lots to look at and see.
The sit on top kayaks are for one person. We provide life jackets which must be worn at all times while on the water. It is best to book them the night before so you know what the weather is doing. The hire of a kayak is £20@ a day.
We do hire out rowing boats if not in use for fishing at £30 a day and the max is three to a boat.
Sea Kayaking is a fantastic way to see the Scottish coastline of Argyll and the deserted beaches, white sands, sheltered sea lochs and amazing marine wildlife.
The local waters offer fantastic kayaking for all levels and there is a number of experienced guides in this area that can help get you started. You could paddle down the historic Crinan Canal – Scotland’s most stunning waterway? For the experienced paddler, the options are endless. Go on an island adventure around the Slate Islands of Seil, Easdale and Insh, circumnavigate beautiful Gigha or wild and lonely Jura, paddle rings around Bute or explore the coves, beaches and pretty seaside villages of Argyll’s coast line, which is longer than the coast of France!
If you want to book yourself into a week-long course or simply get out there for the day with an expert guide, Argyll and the Isles has a number of well-established companies who will be delighted to help.
- PARTICIPANTS MUST BE ABLE TO SWIM
- PARTICIPANT MUST NOT BE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS OR ALCOHOL
- PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OLDER THAN 5 YEARS TO GO IN A ROWING BOAT AND MUST BE WITH AN ADULT IN THE BOAT AT ALL TIMES.
- LIFE JACKETS AND BUOYANCY AIDS PROVIDED AND MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHEN USING THE EQUIPMENT.
- PARTICIPANTS MUST BE OVER 7 YEARS TO HIRE A SIT ON KAYAK OR SUP.
- THE GROUP MUST INCLUDE A RESPONSIBLE ADULT.
- PARTICIPANT MUST NOTE MAXIMUM WEIGHT CAPACITY OF ANY EQUIPMENT HIRED. IT IS THE PARTICIPANT’S RESPONSIBILITY NOT TO OVERLOAD THE CRAFT. SINGLE KAYAKS ARE LIMITED TO 16 STONE.
- ONLY A MAX OF 3 PERSON IN A ROWING BOAT AND A MAX OF 1 PERSON ONLY ON A SIT ON KAYAK OF SUP. IF YOU ARE UNSURE PLEASE ASK.
- ALL EQUIPMENT MUST STAY ON THE LOCH THEY ARE HIRED ON. A MAP IS PROVIDED.
- ADULT SUPERVISION IS REQUIRED FOR ALL UNDER 18’S. ADULTS ARE TOTALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING AND LOOKING AFTER THE YOUNG.
- PARTICIPANT MUST SIGN TO CONFIRM THESE TERMS & CONDTIONS.
- SHOULD THE WEATHER FORECAST INCLUDE HIGH WINDS OR HEAVY RAIN WE WILL NO HIRE OUT ANY EQUIPMENT. .