- When you submit a booking via our online reservation system Freetobook the payment of the deposit can be made by card with Stripe.
- The period of let will be as agreed between Ederline Estate Holiday Cottages (the Owners) and yourselves. A non returnable deposit of £100 for all cottages with the balance due six weeks prior to arrival. If the date of your holiday is within six weeks, the full balance is payable at the time of booking. Payment can also be made by direct bank transfer to National Westminster Bank, Sort Code 60 02 41, Account Number 69033536, Account Ederline Estate Holiday Cottages, giving your invoice number and cottage as the reference. Alternatively, you can pay by cheque made payable to “Ederline Estate Holiday Cottages” and sent to Ederline Estate Holiday Cottages, Ford, Lochgilphead, Argyll PA318RJ.
- The person named on the booking is the responsible party and must be over 25 years of age.
- The price is quoted for the property, and not per person. This includes all charges of UK taxes or Government charges which may apply to your booking at the time it is made. All prices in Finchairn Cottage, Finchairn Farmhouse, Clachandubh Cottage and The School Room include linen, towels, tea towels, heating, electricity and logs. Wifi included in all cottages except Finchairn Cottage which has no wifi. South Lodge and The School House have electric heating which is metered on arrival and departure. We pay the first £35 a week of the amount used. We expect you not to go over this amount if you use the log burner and free logs.
- Any changes to your booking should be communicated to us as soon as possible. The number in your party may not exceed the maximum occupancy of the house. Bookings will be acknowledged by an invoice by email. As soon as you receive this confirmation, you must check the details carefully. If anything is incorrect, you should tell us immediately. In the unlikely event of a cancellation we cannot refund your week once full payment is made. All cancellations at the owners discretion will be treated case by case. We strongly advise you to take out holiday insurance to protect you and your party from all eventualities. Please note that, under no circumstances, will the owners be liable for any accidents including damage or loss to guests’ property.
- Your house will be available from 5 pm on the start day of your holiday. Please contact us a few days prior to your holiday to let us know your expected time of arrival. On the day your holiday finishes, please vacate your cottage by 10 am to allow us to clean it thoroughly before the next guests arrive.
- All breakages or damage to the cottage and its contents must be paid for at the replacement value of the item. Please notify us if you have broken anything as soon as possible so that we may replace it in good time.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome on condition that whilst on site they are kept under strict control especially when livestock is nearby, any fouling around houses is picked up and disposed of, they are not left unattended indoors or outdoors at any time. Dogs are not allowed in bedrooms or on soft furnishings in the cottage. Please bring your pets own bedding, towels for drying, and blankets. We make a charge of £25 per dog per week and this will be added to the invoice at time of booking. Clachandubh Cottage, Finchairn Farmhouse and Finchairn Cottage Max 2 dogs. School House and South Lodge 1 dog Max. The School Room is the only cottage which we do not allow any dogs due to the open plan layout.
- No open air fires are permitted on the Estate.
- Very occasionally, we may experience loss of power supply. In the unlikely event that this occurs during your stay, we cannot be held responsible as these are matters out of our control.
- The Owners reserve the right to decline a booking without giving any reason and to terminate a rental for improper use or unacceptable behaviour at any time.
- We reserve the right to gain access to your cottage for reasonable purposes but would inform the guests first.
- Whilst we make reasonable effort to ensure information given on our website and in the cottages, we cannot accept responsibility for any changes or closures to local services or attractions that we may mention.
- The decision of the Owners is final and binding in all matters at all times.
We do reduced prices for smaller number of guests out of the peak season.
In the peak season the cottages have set arrival and departure dates. Finchairn Farm House runs from Sunday to Sunday. Finchairn Cottage, The School Room and School House Friday to Friday. Clachandubh Cottage and South Lodge are Saturday to Saturday.